REAL estate agent Jo Ginn of Alex Scott and Staff Inverloch, is not at all surprised with the unprecedented level of interest in purchasing property in the town.
Popular with South Gippsland and Bass Coast locals, as much as it is with visitors, being the only town right on this stretch of coast with a good level of services and facilities; it is proving attractive to all classes of buyers.
“What’s happening at the moment is that we are selling everything,” said Jo this week, on the eve of a busy holiday weekend for local agents.
“We’re outselling availability really, with more buyers than sellers and what that usually means is that prices will have to increase. That’s the way demand works.
“One of the ways we are really noticing that is ‘days on the market’ have reduced greatly and that’s in all areas; high-end, low-end, blocks and development sites. There’s interest right across the board.
“Which is why we are also seeing strong interest in the last, genuine beachside estate to be opened up in Inverloch, Broadbeach Inverloch which is currently selling Stage 2.”
Jo explains why Inverloch is the ‘IT’ destination for both South Gippsland and Bass Coast locals, and also visitors to the area looking for a holiday home or future residence.
“You can see from the activity in the street today that Inverloch has become a destination right through the year now, not just over the holidays.
“It is also seen as a highly desirable place to live by those who were born and bred in the local region.
Ms Ginn said the permanents who are buying here love the package offered at Inverloch; including its vibrant local community, variety of water sports and outdoor activities, café culture and relaxed living.
“We’re seeing locals moving here, others buying and then renting out because they see themselves living here in the future and other locals buying a second house here because they are confident about the town’s future and the way it is going.”
Ms Ginn spoke about the return on investment for owners looking to rent out permanently or for holiday income saying it was an important but relatively minor aspect of the market in Inverloch.
“With strong weekend interest, added now to holiday renting, we offer advice to landlords on how to advertise their properties to advantage on Stayz and Air BnB etc, when to adjust their prices at different times and how to maximise returns.
“Some are simply looking to rent out permanently but really, most of the people who buy here are either living here permanently or keen to have access to their house all year round.”
Inverloch’s a great place to be and now’s the time to buy with a step increase in prices coming.
And you can start by looking (and buying) this weekend:
Open for inspection
Alex Scott Inverloch has nine properties open for inspection in Inverloch this Queens Birthday Holiday Weekend and one in nearby Kongwak.
They are as follows:
• Saturday, June 13, 11am – 11.30am: 58 Woodland Heath Drive, Inverloch. Featuring a brilliant build, large 811m2 allotment, superb and popular location, and flexible floor plan; this four bedroom home with en suite and two-car garage would meet any and all requirements. $610,000.
• Saturday, June 13, 12 noon – 12.30pm: 174 Surf Parade, Inverloch. Located opposite the main patrolled surf beach, this iconic and classic beach house plus fabulous studio provides an exciting and unique coastal lifestyle. Three bedrooms, 607m2 land, deck, shed, private. $635,000.
• Saturday, June 13, 1pm – 1.30pm: 4/5 Goroke Street, Inverloch. This stylish and contemporary holiday house provides exciting accommodation in a fabulous location. Opposite the main surf beach, the property offers an exceptional lifestyle at any time of year. Relaxed and easy care landscaped grounds completes the profile of this wonderful coastal property. $570,000.
• Saturday, June 13, 2pm to 2.30pm: 5/19-21 The Esplanade Inverloch. This brilliant investment or entry-level three bedroom townhouse opportunity offers low maintenance lifestyle appeal and an enviable position on The Esplanade directly across from the Yacht Club and Inlet beach. $420,000.
• Sunday, June 14, 11am – 11.30am: 17 Gordon Avenue, Inverloch. Here’s a fabulous family property on offer with a three bedroom home on 534m2 in a convenient location only minutes’ walk to town and the beaches. $420,000.
• Sunday, June 14, 12 noon – 12.30pm: 34 Venus Street and 34a Venus Street, Inverloch. Stylish, and sophisticated, 34 Venus Street features a three bedroom townhouse with superb coastal lifestyle appeal and sensational water views. $925,000. 34a Venus Street is a sensational, large townhouse designed over two levels, close to cafes, stores, parks and of course the magnificent beach. $1,200,000.
• Sunday, June 14, 1pm – 1.30pm: 1505 Korumburra-Wonthaggi Road Kongwak. This delightful country cottage on 1000m2 offers all the advantages of country style living with the chance to join a lovely little community. $330,000.
• Sunday, June 14, 2pm to 2.30pm: 2 Bayview Avenue Inverloch. Location with water views, this three bedroom family home has it all on a 535m2 allotment. $595,000.
• Monday, June 15, 12 noon – 12.30pm: 24 Williams Street Inverloch. Located right in the heart of town, this property, featuring a solid three bedroom single level brick dwelling in excellent condition, offers many options. Land 710m2. $625,000.
• Sunday, June 15, 1pm – 1.30pm: 15 Powlett Street Inverloch. A simply superb home on 2024m2 only minutes to the town centre, this marvellous home and allotment offers huge potential as a family residence or brilliant development potential as 6 unit site (STCA). $695,000.
See advert in this weeks edition of the South Gippsland Sentinel-Times for more details
To subscribe to our digital edition: http://sgst.com.au/ezine-publication/