Handley Funeral Services has been operating and servicing the South Gippsland communities since 1983. We pride ourselves in maintaining the highest standards to provide professional and exceptional service to our families.
We are seeking a full time Funeral Director Assistant for our Leongatha location.
With this role, there will be an opportunity to become a Funeral Arranger/Conductor.
To be successful in this position, you must meet the following criteria:
• Be compassionate, honest, reliable, and well presented at all times
• Have strong attention to detail and the ability to follow direction
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a focus on exceptional customer service
• Be understanding and respectful to circumstances involving grieving families, their values and beliefs
• Proficient in computer literacy and data entry
• Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment
• Ability to work in a team environment and autonomously
• Current unrestricted Victorian driver's licence
The position involves:
• General assistance during funeral services
• Transfers of deceased persons
• Basic mortuary care (training provided)
• Vehicle detailing, garden and general cleaning duties
• Driving company vehicles to various locations
• Participating in a shared after hours roster, including weekends and overtime
Whilst previous experience in the funeral industry would be advantageous, it is not a requirement as full training will be provided.
The successful applicant will need to be comfortable with a Police check.
Please submit applications and resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications and resumes not addressing the criteria will not be considered.
Applications close 5pm Thursday, August 24, 2017.