Permanent Full Time
This position is to provide key management/leadership position within the aged care facility of Cooinda Lodge and is central to the fulfilment of the West Gippsland Healthcare Groupʼs mission and vision. As a leader of the aged care profession, the Manager sets expectations, enrols, develops, plans and manages processes to assess, improve and maintain care management, clinical, educational and support activities.
Our preferred candidate will have:
• Demonstrated experience in a leadership role, with relevant qualifi cations in leadership & management or working towards
• Sound knowledge and experience of contemporary practices in aged care, including an understanding of aged care fi nancial requirements
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with staff, residents, residentʼs representatives and other health professionals
• Excellent written communication skills
• Understanding of quality systems with a strong focus on performance improvement and change management skills
• Sound computer skills in Microsoft Office, particularly in Word and Excel
• Ability to develop a cooperative team approach to the delivery of services
The following experience/qualifications would be also considered advantageous:
• Post Graduate qualifi cations in Management/Leadership and/or Gerontics
• An understanding of aged care funding arrangements
Applications, addressing the Key Selection Criteria, are to be submitted electronically via wghg.mercury.com.au on the West Gippsland Healthcare Group website and will be accepted until 11 pm Sunday 30 September 2018.
If you have any further queries, they may be directed to Bernie McKenna, Acting Director Clinical Operations on 03 5623 0616.