back-to-back-nyora-speedway-moule-memorialsBass residents Stuart Ferguson in car eight and son Luke in car 4 in action at the Nyora Speedway on Friday night.

THE Victorian Mini Sprint Club headed to Nyora Raceway for the annual Geoff Moule Memorial where it was Bass racer Stuart Ferguson who won his second memorial in succession.
Ferguson took first place ahead of Warragul’s Matthew Parsons and his son Luke in a hotly contested twenty five lap cracker along the way smashing the twenty five lap flag to flag record he broke last season on his way to victory.
Fourteen competitors assembled in the pit enclosure prior to the race meeting with each driver being allocated three heats out of four in which to qualify for the $1000 to win final.
Ian Jones and Luke Ferguson headed the field when racing got under way in heat one with Stuart Ferguson on the second row with Jack Day then Brad Day, Wayne Hurford, Owen Bulman, then came brothers Peter Schnoor and Darren Schnoor, Matt Parsons and Jason Lynn.
Lap one began with a jump start to the anxious Stuart and he was penalised two spots before son Luke led dad on the restart across the start finish line with former Victorian Compact Speedcar champion Jones tow.
From lap two it was Luke Ferguson in front of Stuart Ferguson and Hurford before Stuart assumed the lead on lap six and before Peter Schnoor had a rollover on lap eight in turn two when over correcting himself whilst a little sideways.
Only minor damage to the car which was fixable before his second heat.
Parsons steamed passed Hurford on the final lap for third having started in tenth place.
Heat one result Stuart Ferguson from Luke Ferguson, Parsons, Hurford, Jones, Brad Day, Lynn, Darren Schnoor and Jack Day whilst Bulman didn’t finish due to his engine playing up on lap eight.
The second began with the three heat one non competing drivers in the top three spots, Danny Millton, Owen Milton and Kevin Bomford and they were ahead of Stuart, Luke, Jack Day, Jones, Hurford, Bulman, Peter Schnoor and Brad Day.
The first attempt of lap one was messy with Danny Milton and Bomford coming together in turn two.
Bomford almost rolled and Bulman incurred some front end damage as he got caught up in the tangle.
Milton had broken his front wing along with suspension damage whilst Bomford suffered rear suspension and nerf bar damage and received a lot of help from other racers and teams to get his car ready to run again.
Owen Milton led from the restart with an all the way win over Stuart, Luke then Hurford, Bulman and` Jack Day.
Brad Day didn’t make it past lap two with mechanical breakdown.
From sixth spot Owen Milton burst through to the lead of heat three getting past Parsons, Lynn, Darren Schnoor and Bomford and settled into the lead over Parsons and Darren Schnoor for lap one. On lap six Parsons put the # 73 machine into the lead only to be passed again the very next circuit.
Milton took the win from Parsons, Luke, Stuart, Darren Schnoor, Jones and Jack Day.
The final heat race for qualification spots in the twenty five lap prestigious Memorial was another win for Owen Milton, this time starting back in eighth spot and making it into the lead to cross pass officials first on lap one.
Hurford moved up to second on lap two and Parsons was into third by the fourth lap of ten.
Milton won strongly whilst Hurford and Parsons had a photo finish after a ding dong battle with Hurford taking second spot.
Fourth was Bomford from Bulman, Brad Day, Darren Schnoor and Peter Schnoor.
The field was then set for the Geoff Moule Memorial for 2014 with Owen Milton on pole, Stuart Ferguson alongside, Luke Ferguson behind with Parsons then Hurford, Darren Schnoor, Bulman, Jones, Bomford, Lynn, Peter Schnoor and Jack Day.
At the green flag it was Ferguson that led the field away as Milton dropped back through the field setting a cracking pace with Parsons and Luke chasing.
With injection problems Milton dropped out of the race on lap four whilst Stuart continued on out front.
In a fast race with lots of passing of back markers in the field Stuart, Parsons, Luke, Hurford and Bomford were ripping around the race track.
With two laps to go Bomford passed Hurford the guest driver in Paul Farrell’s race car and over the finish line Stuart Ferguson claimed victory from Parsons, Luke Ferguson, Bomford, Hurford, Jones, Lynn, Darren Schnoor, Bulman, Peter and Jack Day with eleven of the original starting twelve finishing the race.
At presentation Ferguson felt this was the better win of the two in the Moule Memorial.
“To be standing on the podium with your own son is a pretty damn satisfying moment,” he said.
“I’m so proud of Luke we might have to swap cars permanently since he went so well in the # 4.
“Twenty five laps with no stoppage is a credit to all the racers here tonight.
“What a moment when Mrs Moule whispered to me. You know Stuey, watching you and Luke reminds me when I was watching Geoff and Tony (Son). That’s a pretty special moment right there.”