QUALITY dairy farm properties which offer productivity ease of management and the lifestyle benefits of being so close to the coast are extremely hard to find.
But that’s what is available at 290 Stuchberrys Road, with this pristine 311-acre property, just 6km from Inverloch, complete with a four bedroom home.
The farm generally milks 200 to 220 cows and 1.3 million to 1.5 million litres of milk is achievable.
The property has frontage to both Stuchberrys Road and Howards Lane, and is in three titles, all of a similar size.
The land is flat to very gently undulating, with grey loam and grey sandy loam soil types.
The farm is divided into 35 paddocks. The main paddocks vary from 2.3Ha to 5.09Ha in size.
All paddocks are serviced via a central, all-weather laneway system, plus some smaller paddocks exist for calves, bulls etc.
Nearly all paddocks have been recently resewn, including four paddocks resewn last year and seven this year.
An annual fertiliser program is in place to help the farm carry all replacements including its own hay and silage.
Some fence line tree plantations exist plus approximately 10 acres of natural bush provides excellent shelter for stock in extreme weather conditions.
A large water storage dam of approximately 8.8 megalitres capacity plus a second smaller dam of 0.6 megalitres provides 9.4ML of water for the entire farm via a pressure pump system to all troughs.
There are seven other dams.
The outstanding dairy unit is designed for ease of management. It includes:
• 20 swing-over herringbone system with enough shed and pit room to extend to 30 units. The shed was constructed in 1995.
• ‘Tate’ individual head stall system.
• Westfalia auto cup removers.
• Tuck-a-way third line clean system.
• ‘Flatson Feed Tech’ auto feed system, two and a half years old, with 30 tonne silo.
• ADF teat cleansing system (valve just under $40,000). Information on this system is available.
• 7600 litre vat, ‘Byford’ self-cleaning.
• Fully lock up motor and vacuum pump room.
• Undercover crush and vet yard.
• Three tanks of rainwater storage for dairy clean system.
• Separate dam for yard wash down with back up from main dam.
• Machinery shed, 80ft x 40ft with power.
• Two haysheds.
• Three calf rearing sheds with access to a large shed if extra room needed.
• Sundry storage shed for workshop/tools etc and includes a fully functional cool room.
• Stockyards, undercover crush and vet yard at dairy plus loading and drafting yard at road.
The brick veneer home features a spacious lounge with wood heater, separate dining room or second living area and four bedrooms (two with built-in robes while the master bedroom has a walk-in robe plus en-suite and opens to an outdoor veranda).
The main bathroom has a bath and shower and a second shower and a third WC are off laundry area.
A galley kitchen with plenty of cupboard space opens to a dining area.
A good size deck area is enclosed and has access to a further outdoor deck.
A double garage has room for two cars.
In general the home is very solid, comfortable and exists in a low maintenance lawn area yet with established English trees surrounding the vicinity of the home.
The property is priced at $2,650,000.
For more details, phone Don Olden from Elders on 0417 805 312 or visit the Elders Real Estate website and enter the property’s internet ID code: 6610805.