sharp-sea-eagles-beat-stony-at-homeAndrew Secull prepares to run to the handpass, followed close behind by Jacob Brydon, as his fellow Sea-Eagle is tackled by Luke Bowman. Photo courtesy Gerard Bruning


INVERLOCH-KONGWAK has overcome the more fancied Stony Creek Lions to notch up just their second win of the season.
After a slow start the Sea-Eagles managed to find some strong form to run away with the match, something that has eluded them so far this season.
It was the home side that were out of the blocks early at the Racecourse Reserve with the Lions slightly edging ahead of the visitors in the tight early contest.
Josh Schelling in the ruck was in good form early, winning most of the contests but his hard work was not resulting in clearances.
Cam Stone was looming large for the Maroons up forward as was Matt Linke.
By the first change it was the home-side with a slight two point advantage.
The second quarter saw the Sea Eagles’ intensity lift as they started to stamp their authority on the match.
Scoring off their stoppages, they were able to break away slightly on the scoreboard.
The Sea Eagles mid-field was working hard with Dylan Clark, Daniel Houston, Adam Cross and Josh Clottu while Lew Rankin was holding his own on the wing.
For the Maroons Dylan Zuidema was on target, while youngster Liam Park was providing his side opportunities.
But it was the Sea Eagles that had the answers stretching the lead out to 21 points by half time.
The second half of the match saw the Maroons struggle to match the pace and intensity of the Sea Eagles outfit.
The visitors were moving the ball well into their attacking 50, while defensively Tim Thornby and Steven Scott were working hard to shut down the Maroons.
The match saw Andrew Seccull pull on the yellow and blue for the first time, and he was making his mark up forward for the side.
The final quarter looked like the Sea Eagles were going to run away with the game.
But a change of pace from the Lions saw them kick the final few goals of the quarter to pull the margin back.
By the final siren it was the Sea Eagles with a 29 point win.
Inverloch-Kongwak now have a week off with the bye while Stony Creek will face another tough challenge when they take on Kilcunda Bass.