tigers-shock-phillip-islandPhillip Island’s Al Behre kicks forward in his first senior game for the club.

FOSTER has pulled off the upset of the season, defeating Phillip Island by 14 points to record their first win of 2014.
From the beginning of the match the Tigers were more determined to win the hard ball in front of a small crowd at the Foster Showgrounds.
The home side gave their forwards clean delivery which resulted in the first goal of the match after three minutes.
James Taylor hit back for the Island shortly after but it was Foster who started to take control around the ground, kicking two more unanswered goals.
Young Tiger Shaun Chaseling was getting his hands on the ball through the midfield and big man Luke Harbison looked dangerous across half forward.
Phillip Island captain Jaymie Youle kicked the visitors’ second goal midway through the quarter, but the Tigers quickly responded to go into the first change with a 13 point advantage.
The match slowed down in the second quarter, with slightly heavy ground conditions impacting on the quality of play. The Bulldogs were able to reduce the margin through forward Beau Runnalls who kicked the only major of the quarter.
At half time Foster had the upper hand with the likes of Daniel Hawking and Michael Eales winning plenty of footy.
Foster came out strong after the long break, kicking three unanswered goals in the first 10 minutes to leave the Island chasing tail for the rest of the day. The Bulldogs needed a spark and this came in the form of James Taylor.
The midfielder moved forward where he single handily kept them in the game, booting three goals for the quarter.
Lachie Cleeland also goaled to bring the Island within striking distance, but Foster had all the answers.
The forward combination of Luke Galle and Harbison proved too strong for the Bulldog defence, with the Foster forward line adding two goals to go into the final change with a 12 point lead.
The match turned into a nightmare for the visitors in the last quarter, with injuries leaving the Bulldogs with no bench. Harbison continued his strong game to mark on his own and kick the Island out of the match.
Despite the best efforts of in-form midfielder Michael Duiker, Phillip Island had too few contributors and Foster attacked the contest harder. Josh Toner finished strongly for the Tigers, who were able to hold off the wounded Bulldogs and have their first victory of the season.