Ethan Bath on his way to breaking the 1500m record is cheered on by junior Leongatha Little Athletics members.
• Leongatha athletics
IT was a wonderful week at Leongatha Little Athletics with 144 out on the track.
It was a week for personal bests and once again another long standing record was broken.
Sportsmanship was also evident around the field when the junior athletes cheered on Ethan Bath as he went on to break the Under 15 Boys 1500m record.
The centre record was held by Robert Eddy at 5:13.30 since December 21, 2002.
Ethan Bath broke the record with a time of 5:03.31.
A further 197 personal bests were recorded on the day.
All athletes can view their weekly results online, however some impressive personal best achievements were:
• Under 8 Boys Campbell Reid and Rhett Collins achieved four Personal Bests from four events: 200m, 50m, 80mH, High Jump;
• Under 7 Boys Sam O’Neill and Billy Horskins achieved four Personal Bests from four events: shotput, 50m, discus, 400m.
The club wishes all the best to the relay teams that are heading off to Newborough this Sunday to represent Leongatha Little Athletics and also the region in the Regional Relays.
The representative athletes are:
• Under 10 Girls: Sienna Cruickshank, Paige Thompson, Chloe Caithness, Nevada Crimp;
• Under 10 Boys: Tom Hanily, Jacob McRae, Mitchell Bath, Tyler Richards;
• Under 11 Girls: Georgia Burns, Lily Caithness, Meaghan Stothart, Ella Snell, Charli Burns, Alex Ritchie, Rebecca McKeown, Brianna Roy;
• Under 14 Girls: Kiara McJames-Court, Jemma Caithness, Cassidy Ronalds, Brianna Weaver;
• Under 15 Girls: Ebony Burns, Jasmine McJames-Court, Aliesha Wrigley, Courtney Clark;
• Maddi Cruickshank, Hayley Davies, Courtney Martin will be representing the Gippsland Region.