THE great success of the Dalyston Youth Girls Football team this season continues to be displayed, with five girls selected in the Gippsland Power Youth Girls representative team.
Dayle Egan, Mollie Bloch, Rose Coombs, Ally Kershaw and Emma Volard have been rewarded for their strong season and dedication to training with selection in the Power squad.
The girls attended a training camp today (Tuesday) before playing against the Bendigo Pioneers at Traralgon on Wednesday and the North Ballarat Rebels at Moe on Thursday.
The Dalyston girls chosen have been key players for the Magpies this season.
• Dayle Egan is a tough, versatile onballer that finds the ball in contested situations.
• Mollie Bloch is a skilful player who feeds her onballers in the ruck and can also go forward to take an overhead mark.
• Rose Coombs is a ball magnet who reads the play well, shows composure under pressure and wins one-on-one contests.
• Ally Kershaw is an athletic goalkicking onballer with pace to burn and loves a goal.
• Emma Volard is a strong contested mark, with a strong kick and has an excellent radar around goal.