A SMALL dog was rescued after being stuck underneath a bed during a Leongatha house fire over the weekend.
At midday on Saturday, March 18, Leongatha CFA members were called to a house to attend to a fire in a residential property after smoke detectors alerted residents of the home.
An electrical fault was found in a bedroom, which was quickly contained.
It was then that CFA members noticed a small dog hiding underneath a bed, scared and determined not to move.
The dog was eventually persuaded before CFA spent two hours dealing with the electrical fault.
The CFA would like to remind people of the importance of checking and replacing batteries in smoke detectors, and to ensure that they are working correctly.
Dog rescued from fire