Fish Creeks Colin McPhee takes a great mark against the Allies’ Tait Sabec in the semi-final on Saturday.

IN a terrific display of finals football, Fish Creek defeated DWWWW by 19 points in an overtime thriller.
Fish Creek found out very quickly on Saturday that DWWWW are a real threat, as the Allies took it right up to the minor premiers for much of the day.
The Kangaroos went into the game without their ball magnet and 2016 league best and fairest winner Tom Cameron who sustained a leg injury the week before, while the Allies were at near full strength with Ben Mayers the only obvious exclusion from the side.
The Toora ground was in pristine condition but the wind was going to be difficult to negotiate.
The opening score was a behind to the Allies and only two minutes later the Kangaroos had the opening goal to Andrew Seccull who pounced on a loose ball.
The Allies evened up through Kael Bergles midway through the quarter and the game continued to be a very intense defensive battle.
At the first break the scores were locked at 1.2 apiece.
The second quarter was more of the same with both sides playing hard contested footy, neither able to break the shackles on the scoreboard.
That was until the Fish Creek captain Callan Park produced a little piece of magic that resulted in the opening goal of the quarter from a freakish snap on goal.
The only other goal for the quarter would be an encore performance by the Kangaroos captain when he once again snared the ball deep in the forward pocket and snapped truly for his second to give his team a tiny bit of breathing space going into the main break 12 points up.
The second half continued on as the first half had been with neither team able to take any real ascendency on the game.
The Allies led by their small brigade of Edgerton, Atkins and McKenzie were in everything.
DWWWW started to get on top in the third quarter and with a stiff breeze they were able to firstly bridge the gap on the scoreboard and then for the first time in the match they were able to hit the front and extend their lead out to nine points going into the final quarter.
Although not reaching the lofty heights that were expected, this was an enthralling battle between two sides desperate to win a spot in the grand final.
Fishy went straight into attack and the ball stayed there for much of the quarter. They reduced the margin slightly registering several behinds but were having some difficulty with the wind.
However a couple of goals to the Kangaroos had them in front again.
A 13 point lead to the Kangaroos was reduced to seven when Bergles got his fourth for the day and a further behind to the Allies had the margin to one straight kick going into the final few minutes.
Then a 50 metre penalty was paid against Fish Creek for a late tackle that saw the Allies’ Tait Sabec on the goal line kicking for goal drawing the scores level.
A minute later and the siren sounded.
The umpires had the situation in hand and both sides were informed that they had to play an additional five minutes of extra time at either end.
The supporters were on the edges of their seats as the match headed into overtime.
This would be the best 10 minutes of footy that the Kangaroos would put together all day.
Straight into attack it was firstly Seccull who marked and nailed a great long goal from the 50 kicking into the wind.
The Kangaroos then goaled again shortly after and led by 13 points at the end of the first extra time period.
The Fishy team continued to step up in the clutch moments and when Chad Macri booted a late goal for the Kangaroos the game was over.
Fish Creek had prevailed and earnt themselves a place in their third straight grand final.
The Allies will now take on Toora at Foster on Saturday to determine who will meet the Kangaroos in the grand final.