FARMERS will get the chance to test drive the latest offerings from John Deere at next week’s Drive Green days at Cervus Equipment’s Leongatha South site.
The new release models include the 6230R, 6250R and 5R Series.
The new John Deere 960/Goweil Combi Baler Wrapper will also be on show.
The two new top of the line models, the 6230R (up to 230hp rated) and 6250R (up to 250hp rated) start from 9.3t and provide John Deere’s renowned power to weight ratio which you won’t find in any other tractor in this weight class.
It’s a combination that delivers new levels of on-road driveability and pulling power.
They are also impressively smart, incorporating the new John Deere CommandPRO joystick for superb ergonomics and effortless control.
Three styles of transmission are available providing maximum pulling power and fuel economy.
Like all 6R tractors, the new models are Stage IV-compliant with a DEF system that’s been refined by John Deere engineers.
The premium 5R Series (90 to 125hp) brings advancements from John Deere’s large row crop tractors and introduces them to the utility tractor class.
These are perfect for the dairy and veggie grower market.
• Easy-to-Use Transmission: Customers can choose between three transmission options. These include the entry level 16/16 CommandQuad manual transmission, which features four ranges and four PowerShift gears within each range, the 16/16 CommandQuad and the 32/16 Command8, with eight PowerShift gears and an ECO mode that enables a top speed of 40 km/h at only 1759 engine rpm.
• AutoClutch: Say goodbye to the days of needing to use the clutch. Automatically stop and re-engage the tractor by simply pressing the brake.
• Maneuverability: Working in confined spaces? The 5R series has an 8 per cent tighter turn radius than others in its class without the use of turning brakes due to the shorter wheelbase of 88.6 inches.
• Premium Panorama Cab: Upward visibility improved 80 per cent making simple work of bale stacking and loading mixing wagons.
• Cornerpost Display: This reconfigurable interactive display showcases transmission settings, performance information, and allows operations to be customized to the operator’s preference, all while staying out of the line of sight.
• Single Point Hydraulics: Minimising time spent out of the seat, the new 5R series features a single point hydraulic connection to the new 540R loader.
• Automatic Mast Latch: The new 540R loader features Automatic Mast Latch increasing your productivity by only needing to leave the seat once to attach or detach the loader.
• Operator Comfort: A high back swivel seat with thicker cushions, larger armrests and integrated joystick controls optimizes your time in the seat.
• Optional Cab Suspension: Large springs cushion the ride over rough terrain for any cab selection.
• Fluid Efficiency with Increased Performance: The optional PFC hydraulic system operates 30 per cent more efficiently while offering 25 per cent more hydraulic flow capacity.
To find out more and test them out yourself, go to Cervus Equipment on Thursday and Friday, November 9 and 10.
Phone Mark Le Page on 0408 594 005 or Shaun O’Hara on 0499 222 725 for more details.