THE Wonthaggi Secondary College’s swimming team recently achieved some impressive results at the Victorian finals at the Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre, topped by a gold medal to Lily Robinson.
The students, parents and teachers cheered on their team members with gusto to help them across the line against some extremely talented opposition from all across the state.
The excellent performances by all competitors did not only showcase their individual talents but was a reflection of the dedication and hard work required in the pool to prepare and condition for competition.
All of the team should be proud of qualifying at the highest level and of their performances on the day.
• Lily Robinson, gold, 17yrs 50m breaststroke.
• Jess Gislingham, 6th 50m freestyle, 7th 50m backstroke, 6th 50m breaststroke.
• Jarrod Muir, 6th Open 100m backstroke, 6th 17yrs 50m backstroke.
• Mayson Vanderkolk, 7th 15yrs 200m individual medley.
• Jennifer Sokac, 8th 16yrs 50m backstroke.
• Matilda Grace, Jorja Newman, Hannah Simmons, Jordi Vanderkolk, silver, 13yrs 4x50m freestyle relay.
• Zara Hooper, Mikaela Notley, Isabelle O’Neill, Mayson Vanderkolk, 7th 15yrs 4x50m freestyle relay.
• Sophie Chapman, Ashlee Moxey, Lily Robinson, Juliette Townsend, 4th, 17yrs 4x50m freestyle relay.
Lily’s state gold