POLICE across the state continue to issue fines for those not doing the right thing under the present conditions of the COVID-19 lockdown.
But more often than not, they are issuing fines for failing to maintain social distancing and being out in public without good reason, to those involved in other crimes and misdemeanours.
Victoria Police have issued their statistics up until 11pm, Wednesday, April 29, 2020.
No regional breakdown has been provided but all police districts are actively involved in Operation Sentinel.
* In the past 24 hours, Victoria Police conducted 656 spot checks at homes, businesses and non-essential services across the state as part of Operation Sentinel.
* 43 fines have been issued in the past 24 hours.
* Since March 21, police have conducted a total of 32,905 spot checks.
Examples of breaches that resulted in fines over the past 24 hours include:
* Six males gathering in public who had received multiple previous warnings.
* Four males loitering in industrial areas for no reason.
* Multiple people committing criminal offences, including theft and drug-related offending.