THERE are 16 active cases of coronavirus in Gippsland, with Bass Coast recording one positive on Tuesday, July 28.
Active cases and totals (active and recovered cases) for Gippsland’s LGAs:
- Bass Coast 2 active, 7 total
- South Gippsland 4 active, 9 total
- Baw Baw 3 active, 9 total
- East Gippsland 1 active, 2 total
- Latrobe 6 active, 15 total
- Wellington 0 active, 13 total
- Gippsland active total 16
There are 28 active cases in the neighbouring Cardinia Shire with a total of 59 cases.
Note, the residential location is the residential address provided when the case is notified.
This is not where they were infected and may not be where the case currently resides.
Numbers are correct as of 11.59pm last night but are subject to change as cases are followed up and data is analysed. This can include changes to residential addresses following case interviews.
Active cases are defined as someone who has tested positive, is currently in isolation and being monitored by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and who has not yet recovered.
Victoria recorded 384 new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 7405 and active cases 4775.
There have been six new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday. To date, 83 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
In Victoria at the current time:
- 1363 cases may indicate community transmission.
- 4775 cases are currently active in Victoria.
- 260 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including 42 in intensive care.
- 3937 people have recovered from the virus.
- Of the total cases, 8387 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 485 are from regional Victoria.
- Total cases include 4481 men and 4471 women.
- More than 1,536,600 tests have been processed.