THERE has been no further increase in the number of active coronavirus cases in Gippsland, still sitting on 38 in the update for Tuesday, August 11.
Latrobe City leads the way with 24 active cases, however two confirmed cases at Lavalla Catholic College in Traralgon are yet to be reflected in the regional figures released today.
Bass Coast 3 and South Gippsland 4 are stable.
Victoria has recorded 331 new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 15,251.
The overall total has increased by 294, due to 37 cases being reclassified – largely due to duplication.
Within Victoria, 91 of the new cases are linked to outbreaks or complex cases and 240 are under investigation.
There have been 19 new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday: one woman in her 50s, one man in his 70s, six women and four men in their 80s and four women and three men in their 90s.
The overall deaths from coronavirus in Victoria stand at 246 – this is an increase of 18 since yesterday, with one death reported yesterday removed due to duplication.
Some 14 of the 19 new deaths are linked to known outbreaks in aged care facilities. To date, 246 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
In Victoria at the current time:
* 2903 cases may indicate community transmission
* 7880 cases are currently active in Victoria
* 650 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including 43 in intensive care
* 6889 people have recovered from the virus
* More than 1,854,688 tests have been processed – an increase of approximately 34,090 since yesterday
Of the total cases:
* 13,990 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 932 are from regional Victoria
* Total cases include 7395 men and 7800 women
* Total number of healthcare workers:1885, active cases: 1097
* There are 1838 active cases relating to aged care facilities
Active aged care outbreaks with the highest cumulative case numbers are as follows:
* 193 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
* 174 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
* 147 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Ardeer
* 127 cases have been linked to Kirkbrae Presbyterian Homes in Kilsyth
* 107 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
* 106 cases have been linked to Outlook Gardens Aged Care Facility in Dandenong North
* 97 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
* 88 cases have been linked to Arcare Aged Care Facility in Craigieburn
* 79 cases have been linked to Aurrum Aged Care in Plenty
* 79 cases have been linked to Glendale Aged Care Facility in Werribee
Cases currently linked to key outbreaks are as follows:
* 201 cases have been linked to Bertocchi Smallgoods in Thomastown
* 138 cases have been linked to JBS Brooklyn
* 120 cases have been linked to Melbourne Health Royal Park Campus
* 59 cases have been linked to the Woolworths Distribution Centre in Mulgrave
* 58 cases have been linked to the Linfox warehouse in Truganina
* 39 cases have been linked to Catholic Regional College in Sydenham
* 32 cases have been linked to Inghams in Thomastown
* 28 cases have been linked to Diamond Valley Pork in Laverton North
* 26 cases have been linked to Multiplex Premier tower
* 20 cases have been linked to Hazeldene’s Chicken Farm in Bendigo
* 16 cases have been linked to St Joseph’s Primary School in Bendigo
The department is also investigating an outbreak at Poultry Place in Laverton. More information will be available in coming days as these investigations continue.
As public health work is undertaken throughout the day, outbreak totals are likely to change as the public health team identify links between cases and identified outbreaks. Organisation based outbreaks totals include contacts as well as employees/residents/staff/students of that location/business.