Occupation: Writer, editor and publisher.
Lives in: Harmers Haven.
Why are you running for council?
To oversee relevant and cost-effective services and community building.
What are your top five issues?
1. Impact of climate variation.
2. Lack of basic infrastructure outside the three major towns.
3. Improved access for people with a disability and our ageing population.
4. Governance – the state government-enforced deadlines around the 2020 Local Government Act didn’t allow proper consultation. We need to make up for this when the next four-year plan is being created.
5. Lack of funding from the federal government due to them using Census population data to allocate money. The Census is done in August and our population maxes out in January, so we are always in a fiscal catch up mode compared to other shires.
What is the best and worst thing about Bass Coast?
Best: The letters column of the Sentinel-Times – it’s a one-stop-shop for community views.
Worst: High rate of unemployment.
What do you do for fun?
Write about local people and places, particularly farmers and people with a disability. Local history storytelling.