FOR the first time in months, there are no active cases of COVID-19 in Gippsland.
There is one case which is being reported as in East Gippsland but it is understood the person is currently living in metropolitan Melbourne. They have not been in regional Victoria in recent weeks and acquired COVID-19 in metropolitan Melbourne.
Here’s a breakdown of the total number of confirmed cases (active and recovered) and active cases in each Gippsland shire (noting the above in regards to East Gippsland), according to the Department of Health and Human Services.
|LGA||Confirmed cases (ever)||Active cases (current)|
Victoria has recorded 13 new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 20,169.
The overall total has increased by 11 due to two cases being reclassified.
Four of today’s 13 new cases have been linked to known outbreaks or complex cases. Two are linked to aged care (Estia Keilor and Edenvale Manor) and two are linked to the Butcher Club at Chadstone. The other nine cases remain under investigation.
Of today’s 13 new cases, there are three cases in Melton, two cases in Monash, Moonee Valley and Stonnington and single cases in Boroondara, Greater Dandenong, Kingston and Whitehorse.
There have been four new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday. One woman in her 70s, one woman in her 80s, one woman in her 90s and one man in his 90s. One death occurred prior to yesterday.
Two of today’s four deaths are linked to a known aged care facility outbreak. To date, 798 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
The average number of cases diagnosed in the last 14 days for metropolitan Melbourne is 16.4 and regional Victoria is 0.3. The rolling daily average case number is calculated by averaging out the number of new cases over the past 14 days.
The total number of cases from an unknown source in the last 14 days is 21 for metropolitan Melbourne and zero for regional Victoria. The 14-day period for the source of acquisition data ends 48 hours earlier than the 14-day period used to calculate the new case average due to the time required to fully investigate a case and assign its mode of acquisition.
In Victoria at the current time:
- 4272 cases may indicate community transmission – a decrease of one since yesterday.
- 305 cases are currently active in Victoria.
- 44 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including six in intensive care.
- 19,006 people have recovered from the virus.
- A total of 2,694,959 test results have been received which is an increase of 17,937 since yesterday.
Of the 305 current active cases in Victoria:
- 302 are in metropolitan Melbourne under the Second Step of our roadmap.
- Three are in regional local government areas under the Third Step of our roadmap.
- Zero are interstate residents.
- Zero are either unknown or subject to further investigation.
- Colac Otway has one active case and Greater Geelong, Greater Bendigo and Ballarat have no active cases.
Of the total cases:
- 18,777 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 1192 are from regional Victoria.
- Total cases include 9618 men and 10,537 women.
- Total number of healthcare workers: 3542, active cases: 46.
- There are 147 active cases relating to aged care facilities.