MIRBOO NORTH’S Emma Germano has officially been announced as one of the candidates for president of the Victorian Farmers Federation (VFF).
Ms Germano, currently the vice-president of the VFF, is going up against Leonard Vallance for the role.
Danyel Cuccinotta and Robert Campbell are vying for vice-president.
The elected positions that will be contested, and the nominees that will contest them, are as follows:
- President: Leonard Vallance and Emma Germano.
- Vice-president: Danyel Cuccinotta and Robert Campbell.
- UDV Region 10 – Wannon: Bruce Knowles and Brian Schuler.
- VFF Livestock Group Additional Councillor: Kaylene Baird and Bradley Venning.
- Water Council – Sunraysia Region: Dominic Sergi and Peter Middleton.
- Water Council – South West: Peter Delahunty and Robert Campbell.
- Water Council – Central: Kenneth Pattison and Kain Richardson.
- Water Council – North West: Garner Smith and Christopher Wallace Smith.
VFF CEO and returning officer Stephen Sheridan said all other elected positions were uncontested and successful nominees would be published this week and formally appointed on December 10 in conjunction with the election results.
“Interest in the VFF’s Land Management and Farm Business and Economics Committees was also strong and nominees will be considered by the VFF Policy Council at its next meeting, scheduled for December,” Mr Sheridan said.
Voting in the VFF elections will open for all eligible VFF members on Monday, November 9 and close at COB on Tuesday, December 8, 2020.
The 2020 VFF elections are being conducted by Link Market Services and voting will be electronic and/or postal.