THE Region Gippsland Public Health Unit has confirmed that there has been a positive case of COVID-19 identified in Traralgon.
It follows details provided by the Victorian COVID-19 Commander Jeroen Weimar at the Friday, September 17 briefing that a positive case was identified in Latrobe City.
“It’s an individual who works at two fast food restaurants in Traralgon.” Mr Weimar said.
He said acquisition tracing was underway with indications from a line of inquiry leading back into Melbourne.
So far, no Latrobe Valley exposure sites have been identified but check the Health Department site for notifications at https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/case-alerts-public-exposure-sites
Here you will also find details of two exposure sites at Sale.
The GRPHU has provided the following details:
“We cannot release any further details at this time. Further investigations are underway, including case interviews.
“We ask the community to remain vigilant, to get tested if experiencing any symptoms (however minor) and to continue to practice COVIDSafe behaviours like using the QR Code check-ins, social distancing and wearing face masks.
“We will release further details as they come to hand.”
While two exposure sites in Wellington Shire have been listed on the Department of Health website, the Gippsland Region Public Health Unit would like to advise these sites are contained and present no risk to the community.
“We would like to thank the local operators of the sites for their cooperation and prompt support to help manage this situation.”
The GRPHU is working with the Victorian Department of Health to have these sites removed from the website as they represent low risk exposure, have sufficient record keeping and contact tracing methods in place and were not attended by other members of the public at the time of exposure.