Gippsland PHN is part of a national network of 31 Primary Health Networks across Australia. PHNs across the country are funded to work towards the objective of meeting the health needs of the most vulnerable people in the community or those at risk of the poorest health outcomes. Gippsland PHN works closely with the primary health system to identify opportunities to improve health outcomes in Gippsland communities, through better coordination and support of health services and by commissioning new services to address identified health needs. The PHN core functions – support to general practice, system integration, health planning and commissioning – are designed to address identified national objectives and priority areas. These priorities frame the work of Gippsland PHN, guided also by community and clinical input to improve health outcomes. Gippsland PHN’s vision is for a measurably healthier Gippsland.
Our Board is seeking expressions of interest for two elected and one appointed Director positions to commence in November 2020.
Board members are responsible for ensuring governance and oversight of the service’s legal and financial accountability and statutory requirements, as well as compliance with funding deed requirements.
Expressions of interest will be shortlisted based on knowledge, expertise and experience in a range of the following areas:
• Financial acumen (CA or CPA)
• IT systems and/or data management (strategy or governance)
• Primary Health Care
• Thorough understanding and connection to Gippsland
• Key stakeholder relationships and management (including community)
• Ability to demonstrate professional behaviours commensurate with performance requirements for company directors
• Commitment to sound governance practices
• Experienced directors that are inclusive, strategic and familiar with board processes
• Candidates wishing to develop skills as a company director may also be considered.
How to apply
All potential nominees should review the online information and complete nomination documents available at www.gphn.org.au.
For more information, please contact Gippsland PHNs Company Secretary, Steve Morgan, on email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 5175 5444.
Applications Close 5pm Monday, August 17, 2020.